Collins English Dictionary and Thesaurus 2010 Complete & Unabridged (Android) 3.2.103
Summary: Collins English Dictionary and Thesaurus bundle with over 500,000 English words, references and examples and over 377,000 synonyms and antonyms.
Delivery: Software available for download immediately after the payment.
Collins English Dictionary and Thesaurus Complete & Unabridged
| The Collins English Dictionary 2010 Complete & Unabridged and the Collins Thesaurus of the English Language 2010 in a software bundle offering a complete language and reference solution for writing, for work, for study, because you want to express yourself well, or just for the love of words.
- Latest vocabulary, based upon Collins’ 2.5 billion word database
- 6,000 biographical entries
- Key expressions and example sentences
- Usage notes give advice on using the right word in the right place
- Cultural notes on life and language
- Thousands of etymologies trace the roots of modern English
- A clear design that makes this dictionary accessible and easy to use
- Key synonyms for each sense, offering the most helpful alternative
- Opposites provide you with another way of expressing yourself
- A wide range of Idioms and phrases included
- Related words to help you expand your vocabulary
- Quotations add wit, sparkle and originality
- Illustrative examples from real English show how the entry word is used
- Usage and regional labels to help you identify areas of usage
- Extensive coverage of English as an international language
- 550 Subject word lists add an extra dimension to your vocabulary
The MSDict Dictionary Format
The dictionaries are here presented in MSDict electronic format. MSDict offers best experience in mobile reference and is available for any Android platform.
- Quick dynamic search of words while you type
- Transcriptions facilitating pronunciation
- Hyperlinks between different related words
- History to see the last 50 words you have looked up
- Support for memory cards
- Ability to have dictionary Word of the day as a widget on the Android home screen
- Handy custom filters added to help you easily locate the word you are searching for
- Fuzzy filter- used when you are not sure of the correct spelling of a word
- Keyword-used to locate the instances of a key word within other compound words
- Wild card - "?" and "*" replace a letter and group of letters in words
- Ability to search words in the installed dictionaries through the standard Android search feature
I was disappointed at the small storage size of the dictionary, only 650kB, I was expecting at least 2MB. Sure enough, definitions are very brief and condensed, I was hoping for more comprehensive and interesting information. Also, you need an internet connection to access the Thesaurus, something else I had not realised. So, given the small size of the offline dictionary, and the fact that almost everything can be found if you have an internet connection, without an app, I consider this combo over-priced and misleadingly advertised. The size of the offline dictionary should have been clearly indicated before purchase, then I could have made an informed purchase decision.